Tuesday 3 April 2012

First drizzle

First drizzly evening of my new challenge tonight.

Looking out of the window from my desk at work it was sunny. All afternoon. I resolved to cycle on arrival home. The thought made me pleased. I was a dedicated soul and I was going to continue my challenge. It was all planned.

So plan enters execution stage: I exit the building I work in to walk - ooooh, 10 yards to my car? It is damping. No! That was NOT the plan. Disgruntled and downhearted I drive home. Itt throws it down on my windscreen most of the way. Ok ... so far so ... well actually, so far so dry given I'm in my car.

As I turn into the village it lightens off. I get from car to house house barely dampened, change and look out the window to peer at the path. Wet? Very wet? Getting drier? Hmmm. I put on a waterproof and zip up.

I am brave. I leave the house. It is damp but only damp. Six miles later I return home, having been damped on, drizzled on, and briefly even rained on ... but largely dry again, with my waterproof having done the job. My legs are damp, my hair tousled, I am cold and tired, and my legs are complaining about the whole idea of such a daft self-challenge.

But I have done my bit for the day and so the challenge goes on.


No comments:

Post a Comment