Friday 13 April 2012

So how am I doing?

It's Friday evening, and I need to know how I am doing! So I am blogging to keep me up-to-date - at least in theory. I suspect I really need to update and then carry on using the runningfreeonline site as that definitely helps to track my mileage. Maybe I'll do that this evening or over the weekend at least ...

In the meantime though, I last blogged last Sunday, when I recorded that I had started the week with 8.5 miles. So let's summarise week two:

  • Sunday 8 April - 6 miles cycle and 2.5 miles walk (as previously mentioned)
  • Monday 9 April - 2 miles walk (to/from station - my wanderings around Salisbury I probably could have counted but didn't so it's tough, 2 miles is all I get credit for!)
  • Tuesday 10 April - 5.5 miles walk
  • Wednesday 11 April - 4.5 miles walk (again, while no doubt I covered a large amount of ground wandering around the garden centre I am afraid counting it in my miles probably just will not do!)
  • Thursday 12 April - 7 miles walk (into Tiverton, first time I've done that ... it's a long way, though breaking it up with coffee, sandwiches, and much teen moaning about getting the bus definitely makes it easier if longer!)
  • Friday 13 April - 2 miles walk (to/from station again - wandering around Exmouth I definitely should have counted as it turned out, but oh well ...)
In summary therefore with one day of week 2 to go I have done 29.5 miles. 

The challenge being #1000milesin6months I have worked out that breaks down as 167 miles a month, or 42 miles a week (well if each month had four weeks in, which it doesn't - but simplicity rules!). So tomorrow I have to get moving I think or I'm going to be behind already ...

I will report in tomorrow, hopefully with a good bike ride under my belt!

No comments:

Post a Comment