Monday 2 April 2012

A New Challenge

Just a brief note as I am still not sure this is a good idea ... But I have decided to set myself off on a new challenge - 1000 miles in 6 months. I started yesterday, 1 April - yes I am a fool, and the challenge may be foolish, but it remains a far-too-real plan, at least for now - and the aim is to cover 1000 miles by running, walking, cycling, canoeing, swimming ... whatever (!) by the end of September.

Yes, sensible, who, me?

So far I have managed ...

  • 1 April 1.5 miles run, 12 miles cycle
  • 2 April 3 miles walk

I am not going to try to blog every day, and week 1 is a real test, with month 1 definitely a trial. But I will see how it goes, and try to record as a minimum at least once a week how I am getting on distance-wise.

2 days down and the doubts are already seeping in, but thus far I remain determined ...

(I haven't tweeted as yet even though I've decided on my hashtag - back to front I know but just for the record if I do ever dare tweet it will be labelled thus: #1000milesin6months)

No comments:

Post a Comment