Monday 30 January 2012

February freedom in sight: Day 31 - 1

Today was dark, cold, sleety/drizzly, overcast and generally miserable. The promised snow didn't really arrive, so no sparkling (or, to be fair slippery) glamour, just an unattractive darkness without even stars or any kind of feisty brittle chill.

I knew I was still not 100% though, and wrapped up in layer on layer - hoodies, snood things, waterproof etc - all designed I knew to make me sweat after half a mile, but also designed to get me out of the door. And thus bundled up, and I am sure looking more like a panto character than would really be considered ideal, I set off.

Only a mile-and-a-half later I was doing the 200 yards past my house, round and back as warm down. Without a shiny sky I'd failed to see the reflections in the puddles, so my feet were wet and my legs in their lycra chilled through; in contrast I had pushed back my hood and was sweating through my t-shirt under all those layers on my top half! I also had painful shins (I did go cycling in the end yesterday so that may have had something to do with it?) and so wimping out or not, a mediocre 17 minutes was definitely my lot.

I was done though. As it says in the title, Day 31 - 1. Tomorrow is definitely J-day, I can't fail now, surely!

Wish me luck dear reader, for tomorrow is the culmination of all my willpower and all your tolerance in one last dash to February freedom ...


(Copied up today, not tomorrow, in case you are confused - and just heading off for my J-day run now ...)

No comments:

Post a Comment